Find guides and documentation for your Edge Relay at github.com/bluecats/bluecats-docs-edge
Keeping your Edge Relay up to date can prevent headaches and have your Edge Relay running optimally.
Checking Your Firmware Version
- Go to our BlueCats App and log in with your BlueCats account https://app.bluecats.com/login
- On the left-hand side, click on the Devices tab
- Find your Edge and click on the Settings or the gear icon in the upper right corner
- Check to see if your firmware version is up to date with the latest firmware
- If you are not up to date, click and download the latest Edge and BLE firmware
Updating Your Firmware Version
There are two ways to update the edge firmware, manually uploading a file or via the web UI.
Manually Uploading a File
Download thesysupgrade-compatible image file to your local machine.
Navigate to System -> Backup / Flash Firmware and then choose image file by clicking the choose file button in the Flash new firmware image section. Uncheck the Keep settings checkbox when flashing a major firmware revision. You can keep it checked for minor firmware updates. Click Flash Image button to proceed.
Compare the checksum and the file size with the original file to ensure data integrity. Click Proceed to start the flash process.
Using Web Interface
This requires the edge to be internet connected which you can do by configuring the WIFI as described in the getting started doc.
Then navigate to Bluecats -> Connect and Manage. If the Device Register Status is Registered then the edge device is successfully connected with the Bluecats cloud services. If the status is 'Invalid' or you need to re-register the device, refer registering the device.